Sunday, July 11, 2010

103 Days to Go: Always the Seamstress, Almost the Bride


Phew! I just finished making Scott's niece a set of motorcycle-inspired garters for her August wedding. She and her fiance, David, are going to be getting married at the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota!

This was the most difficult set of garters I've ever made, but I had so much fun doing them! This was my first time to work with leather and grommets, but not the last! :o) I'm going to make a couple more sets of these and sell them on Etsy, so feel free to browse around and pick yourself up a set, if you'd like!
Bridal Garter

Side view of Bridal Garter

Toss garter

Side view of toss garter


I am so anxious to work on my own garter set, but I am having a tough time deciding what I want! I've been scouring fabric stores for the perfect supplies, but can't commit to anything! Good thing Scott's not made out of notions, ha ha!

2 comments: