Monday, August 9, 2010

74 Days to Go: Drama 1.0

Oh, man! Last week was one stressful week! I think if I blogged about it all in one sitting, I might never write again! So, I've decided to break that week-long wild ride into four different stories. Enjoy...

Before I begin, let me reiterate that I absolutely adore my wonderful ring that Scott proposed to me with! It's beautiful, unique, sparkly, and has a sweet story behind it--I mean, he picked it out himself and told me all of these reasons why it reminded him of me...so sweet and special to me! Like other girls (at least, I think) I wanted an enhancer/wrap/jacket/guard--whatever you want to call it--as a wedding band and to add even more sparkle! Who wouldn't, right?

Well, we went to Zales where Scott got my ring to look for an enhancer. We met a really, really helpful woman named Dena who works at the Quail Springs Mall's Zales...I'd highly recommend her to anyone who's looking for jewelery...and she said I'd need a tracer ring to be commissioned for either or both sides, and then I could just buy any enhancer off of the shelf to work with my curvy design, since the tracer ring would be flat. After I thought it over, I decided that wasn't exactly what I wanted, so we went back to see if the jeweler could just make me an enhancer similar to this one...nothing flashy, nothing to expensive, just a modest--in fact, simpler than this one--ring. She said we'd probably be looking at $300-$450. I had to give her my precious ring to send off to the jeweler, so he could give me an accurate estimate for one-two rings with and without diamonds. It was awful--so weird now to not having the ring for a few days, ha ha!
But the worst part is that, when the appraisal came back to the store, the clerk (who I had never worked with this whole time) was so appalled by the price quotes that she told the jeweler no and had him bring my ring back to the store!!! When she called me to tell me my ring was back and to break the news to me, so told me that she had canceled any further dealings with the jeweler for me because she was so shocked by the price, that it was the most expensive quote she had ever seen, and said that she wasn't sure what my ring even looked like, but she thought it might be really detailed. I mean, it's got detail and I love it, but it's not super intricate! Anyway, the guy wanted $900-$3000 to make my ring/rings...I don't really even know what the quote was for because I didn't actually see it! Ugh! No , thank you!

So, now...mostly last week, not really this week...I'm kind of bummed because I'm just going to have my engagement ring and no wedding band to get married with. I know it doesn't really matter, and that marriage is so much more that a ring, but it's just what I was expecting to have and it's kind of hard to change my thought pattern! We're planning on buying something similar--definitely less expensive--to the rings the guy was going to make me on down the road. Anyway, this was the first thing that really didn't work out during our whole engagement/wedding planning, so it's not that bad, but boy, did it pave the way for an irritating week!

No comments:

Post a Comment